What is Migraines ?
Migraines are severe throbbing pains and can also been seen as a painful headaches that occur mostly on one side of the head. It can arrive in company of nausea, vomiting, fever and light sensitivity. Studies shows that Migraines can affect people between the ages of 15 to 55 years.
CAUSES OF MIGRAINE HEADACHES!
There is no yet known causes of migraine. Some scholars believe that migraine occur as a result of absurd activities in the brain. Studies has also said that migraine occur when the brain nerves system accommodate huge communication of information at a time, as well as chemicals and blood vessels in the brain are affected severely, migraine is likely to occur. Sometimes, it can be hereditary.
However! trigger of migraine includes:
- Changes in Hormone: This is found mainly in females. It occurs most times when they are menstruating due to changes in their hormonal levels.
- Emotional reactions: Reactions that have to do with stress, anxiety, worries, depression, over excitement, etc can set off migraine.
- Physical or bodily reactions: Activities that make the body to be tired weak, insufficient sleep or rest, bad posture, shoulder and neck tension, even low blood sugar, hypertension or hypotension can trigger of migraine.
- Some kind of diets: Intake of Alcohols, caffeine, chocolates, cheese, citrus fruits and foods containing additives can lead to migraine. It is also noteworthy to know that eating at odd times and not taking adequate water can also cause migraine.
- Medications: People that take hormone replacement drugs and contraceptive pills are liable to have migraine.
- Environmental pollutions: Flickering screens, Stinking smells, strong smells, poisonous gases, passive smokers, loud noises, excess heat/high temperate weather, congested rooms etc. All these and many more can cause migraine.
There has not been any known cure for migraine; rather preventing the attack and working on alleviating the symptoms that accompany it are what is being employed to treat it.
Some habits can be of great help in reducing the occurrence of migraine.
- Reducing getting involved into much strenuous activities.
- Getting enough sleep.
- Taking in a lot of water.
- Avoiding those foods that can cause migraine.
- And engaging in mild physical exercise.
- Lastly, by use of certain drugs that can cure the symptoms mostly painkillers, also, preventive medications such as supplements and antidepressants can be used.