Aromatherapy is a method that uses plant materials, mostly extracts, essential oils, and other aromatic compounds to better the general well being of someone. The general well being can range from physiological to physical health conditions; from anxiety to insomnia. This kind of treatment involves using essential oils by either breathing them or by applying them on the skin while massaging or bath taking.
Essential oils are gotten from flowers, herbs, tree barks etc. When an essence is extracted from these plant parts, they are called an essential oil. However, true essential oils are not mixed with chemicals, any kind of preservatives or flavor.
Advantages of Aromatherapy
- It helps to ease stress, anxiety or depression.
- It aids in getting good sleep.
- It helps in muscle relaxation n general body relaxation.
- It can help in easing pains associated with kidney stones, osteoarthritis.
- Fight against bacteria when applied on the skin.
- It can be employed in managing some side effects of cancer, such as nausea and pain.
HOW SAFE IT IS.
Aromatherapy is safe when used correctly. Its side effects can come in the form of irritation on the skin, eyes, nose, or some form of allergic reactions. Essential oils can hurt the kidney, liver or other internal organs when taken orally.
It is advisable to work with an aromatherapist or a doctor when one wants to engage in aromatherapy treatment for proper guidance.
Disadvantages of Aromatherapy
We are still on the findings to discover the disadvantages of Aromatherapy. we will update you soonest..